HMX 0.00% 4.3¢ hammer metals limited

Yes Hope South still has some potential in it. The down-hole EM...

1. 4,994 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3990

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5790/5790844-54c3575fdf592ef8c808283c25d54e80.jpg

Yes Hope South still has some potential in it. The down-hole EM in hole 11 says more conductive stuff plunging to the south, and this is not drill tested at all yet, and i wouldn't be surprised if there is more mineralization down plunge to the south. Hole 12 was stepped too far forward, and went into the mineralization at the beginning of the hole. Only question is if the mineralization plunges towards the southwest or to the south, either way its pretty typical plunge direction for a lot of those Duchess/Cloncurry systems to have a plunge component towards the south. Hole 11 was a bit disappointing in grade and thickness so maybe mineralization starting to pinch out, but the down-hole EM make it worthwhile to follow up down plunge.

In plan view - comparing it to CNB's drilling further north in plan view (which is more advanced) and there will be complexities and fault offsets so would expect the same here, at Hope South. With two different plunge directions possible and not wanting to be too much of a hero and step too far out, they could test both plunge directions with one hole next year roughly where I have drawn in black pen. Or a fence of two RC holes but their choice. Seeing the same set of fault controlled conjugate fault orientations of mineralisation in the SW-NE orientation and the smaller cross fault NW-SE orientation just like at CNB's Mt Hope main drill areas.

Although I don't like this long section image for the punters, as its difficult to understand unless you can think in 3D, but the long section also gives us hints about either a southerly plunge or a more likely southwesterly plunge direction.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/5790/5790877-9c14954c39fa6fe6f3bd8e0443183171.jpg

I haven't have a detailed look at Mt Mascotte and Mt Mascotte West drilling but seems like a lot of drilling for not many good results, hopefully we will see a lot more drilling elsewhere rather than Mt Mascotte next year, as they have much better drill targets elsewhere in my opinion. Hole 9 at Mt Mascotte has really killed off the potential of Mt Mascotte but that's fine, that's exploration for you, and if you don't drill, you don't know. Hopefully they will resist the urge to go chasing that deeply weathered oxide zone at Mascotte West and the announcement seems to be pretty clear that this isn't high priority anymore.

They could go sampling and chasing the Binna Burra lode between Mt Hope South (at the CNB boundary) all the way down to Hope South in my opinion, but looks like some ugly topography through there, so might be dependent on more ground work at surface before moving mountains to put a drill rig in that rather hilly area.

These guys are still behind CNB on the geological knowledge and metres drilled, but at least they are getting some free learning lessons from CNB's efforts so some time and cost advantages in that. Holding both CNB and HMX myself - for the ground obviously.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
4.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $38.11M
Open High Low Value Volume
4.3¢ 4.3¢ 4.0¢ $8.871K 213.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 18469 4.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
4.3¢ 93963 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.