BYE 1.67% 5.9¢ byron energy limited

Cara>..aside from that ..i'm half expecting a farm outCara >.but...

1. 561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    Cara>..aside from that ..i'm half expecting a farm out
    Cara >.but they did mention it again as up to 60% to the right operator..

Sorry Cara, I have not been following the BYE story for the last few weeks. Had a serious case of visiting the rellies. Are we saying that BYE will not have the cash to fund the 4 drill holes at the end of the year and so are looking for "adventurers" to help fund it? Not such a bad idea, as this would allow BYE to rent out the spare slots on the SM58 platform while we pay down some debt.

In other news
    Looks like the price of oil has come down to $US80. Apparently this is the price that the Strategic reserves will be filled. So I am seeing this as a bottom price. ie a significant drop below this price will result in the strategic reserve being filled and therefore pushing the back price up. If this is true then "tails" oil remains at $80, or "heads" it rises. Stable news for the BYE balance sheet.

In other news
    Looks like Nordstream 1 and 2 are broken. Now Germany does not have the option of buying gas from Russia even if it wanted to via these pipelines. It is irrelevant who did this. But it does feel like a "Cortés, burning his ships moment". It's going to be a cold financial winter in Europe. Stable news for BYE selling gas in the gulf. But what will be the base price? $US5?

In other news
    The USD is sky rocketing against all other currencies. I can't see this continuing. But I can't see what they can do either. Assuming they ease back on the US interest rate rises, I can only see the price of oil going up as the price of the USD, it is valued in, falls.

The badger outlook
    Looks to me like this is the new normal for the time being. With the price of oil only going up or being stable. The futures market disagrees, with the price of oil dropping to $70 over the next 18 months.

It's good to home. Missed you guys

All disclaimers.

Below is the US oil rig count. Seems to be flat now. So I am not expecting oil production to significantly increase in the US.

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/4721/4721594-edbc9ebe54f0cffaa492ba683afb69dd.jpg
    (source https://ycharts.com/indicators/us_oil_rotary_rigs)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $63.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $2.047K 34.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 97687 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 331777 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.8¢ 10526
Last updated 12.21pm 06/05/2024 ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.