BYE 1.67% 5.9¢ byron energy limited

Yes noticed that. Interesting. After 24 hours I am almost...

1. 561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    Yes noticed that. Interesting. After 24 hours I am almost up-to-date with my news feeds.

In other news (extrapolation)
    Assuming that Russia did not blow up its own Nord stream pipe line infrastructure and that this is a state sponsored attack on Russia. We have a problem. Because two can play at that game and a logical target would be the temporary floating LPG terminals dotted all over Europe. Where the US supplies liquefied gas to the EU. Unlike the attack on the NS 1 and 2, where every pipe was destroyed and it was obviously sabotage. A hastily constructed terminal suddenly blowing up and sinking might be an honest accident. After all, an explosion happened in a permanently built US LPG land terminal when they ran the infrastructure at 100%, a few months back. My point is that, we could have an honest and possibly likely accident. Which is taken as a act of war. In summary a cold war could become hot.

In other news (A vote too far)
    I laughed when I heard that the Russians had had a referendum in the formerly Ukraine territories, which they had just annexed. The vote was to join Russia and leave the Ukraine. I mean what's the point? Who is anyone kidding? Turns out it does matter. You see, they have followed the western play book and have done a referendum with international observers. The people have spoken, and they want to join Russia, apparently. Not everyone voted? Okay, fair point. How is that any different to the US election? NB Russia is not trying to convince the West, a mere 1 billion people, that they are the good guys. But the the other 7 billion who are hungry for it's resources.The Russian narrative, that it came in and freed the people from the Nazis appears complete. It's possible the war, sorry special operations, is already over. Then again, while Putin is here, are there any other people who need to be rescued from the Nazis? All we need now is a Hollywood block buster, where the mask of Zorro is actually a Russian, Nazis fighting, super hero who runs around in tanks marked with a Z.

What does this mean for BYE
    I don't think Russia is ever going to sell it's oil directly to the west again. Oil is priced at the margins. Pre U-war, That margin price was cheap Russian oil. A massive BYE competitor has left the $US market. When the west tries to cap the price of oil, by forming a buyers cartel, I think Russia will happily comply by never selling oil in $US again. This would suggest long term (5 years) high oil and gas prices. Which is a tail wind for BYE.

The recent, long term narrative has been: The US will be bringing back industry from China, to feed it's local consumers. This maybe so. But It would appear, that it will be brining back European industry first.

The Green German future
    The Germans back is now against the wall. Winter is coming. They can't get Russian cheap gas via Nord stream. They won't go nuclear. They have to make green tech work. The results will be displayed on our TV screens soon. Perhaps this crucible will spawn a new technology that makes it all work. I hope it's not called Soylent green.

All disclaimers. Badger bedtime now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $63.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $2.047K 34.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 97687 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 331777 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.8¢ 10526
Last updated 12.21pm 06/05/2024 ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.