BYE 1.67% 5.9¢ byron energy limited

>If i could be long oil or gas at the moment i would want gas...

1. 561 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 139
    >If i could be long oil or gas at the moment i would want gas exposure the price could conceivably double

Sorry to be the voice of reason, but I have to disagree. I can see gas spiking as you said. But with US fracking you can quickly ramp up production and quench that high price. I have been told, that gas becomes profitable at $7USD in it's own right. If the price goes above that then you US frack like there is no tomorrow and can have a productive well in 3 months. There is no need to worry about a threatened government mandated "unicorn rainbows for energy" in 10 years time, because anything you drill today will be run dry, and by then will have paid its principle and profit back. All you need is that price signal at the start. High gas prices are the solution for high gas prices in this case.

Badger Outlook. Gas prices might spike this winter but will fall below $US7 after that.

In other news
    The US is providing expensive LNG energy to Germany/EU. It make sense to Deindustrialise Germany/EU and move production to the energies source, IE where energy is cheaply piped "pre liquefied" gas in Southern N.America. China has a window to steal market share and fill this vacuum while this move happens, after all factories take time to build. So while the US increases interest rates in a bid to reduce oil demand and hurt Russia. China will lower interest rates and use capital controls to stop the flow of money out of the country seeking a higher yield. Perhaps they can steal US market share to, as the rise of the USD hurts the US exports?

Badger Outlook. Oil prices will stabilise around an opec price of $US90, with a hard floor of $US70 where upon the US will start to fill its strategic reserves with gusto. BRICKS friendly nations will get a steep discount to this price. (BRICKS=Brazil, Russia, India,China, KSA, South africa) pushing people away form the USD.

But then again what does badger know?

All disclaimers. Opinions from wine drinking, furry animals should not be trusted.

Last edited by badger192: 12/10/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BYE (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
5.9¢
Change
-0.001(1.67%)
Mkt cap ! $63.64M
Open High Low Value Volume
5.8¢ 6.0¢ 5.8¢ $2.047K 34.94K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 97687 5.9¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
6.0¢ 331777 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.56pm 06/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
5.8¢
  Change
-0.001 ( 1.69 %)
Open High Low Volume
5.8¢ 5.8¢ 5.8¢ 10526
Last updated 12.21pm 06/05/2024 ?
BYE (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.