MCT 0.00% 0.2¢ metalicity limited

Ann: Spectacular High Grade Results from First Assays at Kookynie, page-523

1. 1,874 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1077
    Mate, rule #1 - Never take investment advice from HC.

If you base your investment decisions on people ramping a stock (either direction) .... you may get lucky, but you’ll more than likely end up losing your money in the end.

It’s definitely worth reading the forums, however use the information provided by posters as a way to compliment your own research. There are plenty of intelligent posters who share some very good information, both subjective and objective.

If you’re new, start with an amount that is inconsequential to you. Use that to get a feel for the market and, if you lose it all, figure out why. The best lessons come from losing money, so best to start with small amounts.

Regardless, the stockmarket is essentially a form of gambling. Many traders/investors, like myself, whether we like to admit it or not, enjoy and are susceptible to the allure of gambling ..... the trick is to be disciplined and set rules.
    Don’t treat it like someone would a poker machine and assume that you’re going to put $5 in and pull out $10k...... then when/if you’re up, you get greedy and watch your balance disappear then chase it with more money.

It’s a longterm game.

Multiple small wins add up and if you’re lucky enough to pick a multi bagger along the way, then that’s great.

Some basic rules :

1. Don’t invest more than your prepared to lose.
    2. Don’t chase a stock.
    3. Do your own research.
    4. Don’t take investment advice from people on forums.
    5. Research management.
    6. Set rules for each investment (when to take profit, cut losses etc).
    7. Learn lessons when you lose money.
    8. Always take profit.
    9. Market cap matters.

Plenty more lessons you’ll learn on the way, I think I posted something similar recently..... but hopefully this helps a little.

You also need to figure out which investment style best suits you e.g longer term, intra day etc .
    With spec stocks however..... simply buying them and holding them indefinitely is not a great idea IMO.

DYOR IMO etc etc

Cheyne

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MCT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $8.972M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.2¢ 0.1¢ $14.49K 7.258M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
59 146419981 0.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.2¢ 946106 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.01pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MCT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.