SP3 0.00% 2.0¢ spectur limited

Thanks @Fatman8Although I couldn't get your link to work, I soon...

1. 427 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 223
    Thanks @Fatman8

Although I couldn't get your link to work, I soon managed to track down apparently related links, which I'm posting in case anyone else had issues opening your original link.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-02/deadly-holiday-period-prompts-new-emergency-beach-beacons/103279854

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2024-01-02/emergency-response-beacons-nsw-beaches-drownings/103279668

What I found interesting about the detail in the above links was:

1) the data on beacon activations and physical responses to beacon activation by SLS NSW over the last 6 months (100 and 20 respectively).
    2) the advocacy and eloquence of SLS NSW CEO, Steve Pearce in summarising the the roll out and effectiveness of ERBs at drowning hot spots in NSW during his 5 minute interview with the ABC several days ago.
    3) the additional support for the effectiveness of ERBs and for further deployment of ERBs from SLS NSW General Manager, Public Safety and Emergency, Brent Manieri, and from SLS NSW South Coast SLS branch president Steve Jones.

In relation to point 1 above, I had been frustrated that Spectur was apparently not keeping a close tally of data related to beacon activations, SLS physical attendance responses to beacon activations, and outcomes from those responses. While I had intuitively thought that ERBs were a great initiative for surf safety at unpatrolled beaches, without access to some sort of data other than through isolated media reports of incidents, I've always wondered whether the usefulness of ERBs might have been somewhat overstated or even been a bit gimmicky. Well these reports have put that to rest for me - particularly the commentary from Brent Manieri which notes that the 20 physical responses by SLS NSW to beacon reported incidents in the last 6 months have included multiple rescues and first aid treatment for both swimmers and rock fishermen at unpatrolled beaches.

In relation to points 2 and 3 above, it seems clear to me that unequivocal and strong advocacy by senior SLS NSW personnel for the importance of ERBs at unpatrolled NSW beaches and their willingness to make a "song and dance" about it in the media bodes well for a likely "us too" effect and subsequent adoption of significant ERB programs by other State SLS organisations. With a State election looming in Qld this year, it wouldn't surprise me if the major parties followed the NSW lead and committed to funding a material ERB installation program at unpatrolled Qld beaches as part of their respective election pitches.

zeno9

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SP3 (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $4.888M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 258617 1.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.0¢ 737341 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.12pm 16/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SP3 (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.