WDS 0.12% $25.52 woodside energy group ltd

re: Ann: Speculation Regarding Israeli Petrol... 5. Price is...

1. 6,308 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2509
    re: Ann: Speculation Regarding Israeli Petrol... 5. Price is probably last on the list of priorities. Security is number 1 priority, credentials 2 and trust 3.

Agreed, most definitely. Although WPL is probably at least competitive on price too. But you're right, this is about energy security for Israel, and securing that supply with a credentialled company is more important.

6. There is no mention of other companies bidding for the project?

See the articles I posted earlier. The other two big companies in the mix are Gazprom and Kogas. But as has been mentioned WPL has advantages over both of them, particularly Gazprom. The Russians aren't too popular with the Israelis at the moment over arms sales to Syria and Iran.

The one worry with Gazprom would be if they try to blackmail the Israelis about the sale of S-300 missiles to Iran. Iran paid for the missiles which are extremely advanced anti-aircraft missiles that could severely hamper or even defeat an Israeli attack on Iran (although not a US attack, they are too strong and too well-equipped). But so far the Russians haven't delivered them, because they're extracting every concession from the US and Israel that they can.

Wouldn't put it past the Russians to use these missiles as a bargaining chip, the question is whether they use it on something as relatively insignificant (geopolitically speaking) as a 30% interest in Leviathan.

Probably not, but there are other bargaining chips as well... I have to say though, all in all, WPL is looking good for this contract.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add WDS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$25.52
Change
0.030(0.12%)
Mkt cap ! $48.45B
Open High Low Value Volume
$26.11 $26.11 $25.49 $121.4M 4.717M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
11 9081 $25.50

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$25.55 521 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 15/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
WDS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.