SDA 0.00% 79.0¢ speedcast international limited

Ann: Speedcast 1H 2019 Results Presentation, page-2

1. 4,622 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 858
    Just trying to get up to speed on SDA in 60 minutes or less and these SDA threads are the strangest thing I've seen on HC. There are literally hundreds and hundreds of posts but not a single one in response to the last comprehensive results summary I could find from the company (this presentation).

From what I can see:
    1. Debt at $600M+
    2. Market Capitalisation below $180M as at 6/12
    3. This presentation from August was somewhat optimistic about returning to "normal" conditions and presumably looking to focus on cash conversion
    4. Some management changes, now trying to get to grips with the situation and implement the changes necessary to right the ship.

I don't have much of a feel for the company but one thing that would concern me (if I was a holder) is what any Capital raise would look like. You'd normally expect any raise to be at a discount to current share price but even if everyone participated in a 1:1 rights issue at (say) 60cents that only raises about $150m which doesn't exactly address the debt issue.

If I was a new manager on deck I'd be working the cash conversion angle as hard as possible prior to looking at any raising. Has there been any updates from the company on how that's going? I've seen little since this announcement.

Also, is there any reason why SDA holders haven't commented on these results?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SDA (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.