SPT 0.00% 7.5¢ splitit payments ltd

Ann: Splitit to Launch In-Store with Multiple New Merchants, page-51

1. 2,273 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 579
    So did you run the numbers with all estimated transaction fees and interests and compare CURRENT without splitit and PROPOSED model with splitit.
    And concentrate on AMEX revenue in your models.

So AMEX therefore has to sign up the merchants? and therefore its not seamless? Is that what is being suggested? "Hey merchant, sign up to this product so all you customers can avoid paying us interest"...I dont think AMEX will push that hard right now.

The alternative for not signing merchants means it will be an added feature at no extra cost to all existing AMEX merchants with their upgraded POS to make it seamless. Therefore the merchant is not being charged? as they are not signing up for a seamless solution. That would be less $$$ coming into the model from the merchant. So who does not get paid? Where is splitit 1% coming from. Consumer pays nothing with splitit...cant ask them for a few bob.

If a seamless model where no merchant acceptance is required will AMEX increase every merchants transaction fees to subsidise splitit across their network. That won't go down well with current users or smaller merchants that process smaller AOV's and get no benefit. AMEX may have to remodel their whole product offering to all merchants. Sounds like alot of work for a product that cuts interest for them.
    If above it will be therefore be a form of funded model by AMEX as merchant gets paid immediately. They are the bank and the lending facility so splitit can take a smaller cut as not paying interest on their goldman facility...but where does splitits cut come from if merchants are onboarded seamlessly to a funded model by AMEX....the net result is AMEX basically paying splitit a fee to use their software while receiving less interest. Is that not back at square 1 and the ultimate splitit goal?

"If I were Brad I would be open to taking a lower %"
    You finally got it....someone has to take a pay cut and you have chosen splitit...the company you are invested in. So AMEX benefit and splitit taka a pay cut for a 1/50th of global credit cards.

And you missed a massive point. My point is not all about Splitit MSV. You are seeing big numbers for splitit but where do they come from. Again its a baseless statement..."1% of 10000bln is better than 3% of 100bln". Obviously any monkey knows 1% of 1000bln is good...but that 1% has to come from somewhere? Where? Explain?
    Who takes the 1% pay cut on 10000bln to pay splitit if merchants or customers are not being charged as AMEX model is seamless?
    Who reduces their chances of 20% interest on the same 10000bln to give splitit 1%.

There is no benefit I can see to AMEX without major changes and initial loss...they may get their arm twisted and have to do this. It wont be their choice.
    I think you will find they are in a wait and see mode.
    Lets see if BNPL on credit cards gains traction and if it does and our customers want it we will be forced to change. They wont change whats not broken and currently generating higher revenues.

I do believe this will happen and banks will eventually do it.....but AMEX are not going to be the first that shoots themselves in the foot.

AMEX may allow splitit transaction in the near future but further than that it gets muddy. It will be them playing catch up with VISA and MC and accepting potential losses in interest in their banking arm, nothing more.

At the end if the day merchants have to pay.
    I may be missing something but enlighten me more about who onboards merchants($bags) in your model?

https://hotcopper.com.au/data/attachments/3346/3346956-1f74b889f47f6d490d80c88b2b842e68.jpg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPT (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.