TRY 0.00% 3.0¢ troy resources limited

Over the weekend I have taken a look at all data available...

1. 1,538 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1134
    Over the weekend I have taken a look at all data available again. I think the pending data is not that important.
    A couple of holes may be interesting and alter the Ohio Creek deposit significantly, but chances are low. The bulk of the missing results will only increase the strike length to the NW, current strike length I would now consider to be 500-600m already proven. Maybe it will be up to 800m.
    Continuation to the east will be more intersting as there are still 500m and more importantly higher grades. I think Troy would need to drill to the SW of the last line that hit nothing east of the fault.
    But now for the problem. I think Troy's concept for the deposit is wrong. They already hinted narrow dipping veins may also be possible. Maybe it is even more complicated than that, but so far the narrow dipping vein theory still seems to be the best and it is not exactly new.
    Think of it as veins dipping at 35 degree to the NE, true width 1-2m, stacked at least 3-4 down to a depth of 75m and grades 3 - 7 g/t with the best vein 20-40 g/t and 2m true width.
    I think there will be much more work required to define the deposit, especially the grid for infill drilling needs to be very narrow and drill locations are reqtricted by the pit / swamp / topography and requires holes with drill length of more than 120m (i.e. dc drilling required).
    Also the stacked veins mean Troy does not need to stop at 100m depth, they will be able to dig a far wider pit and depth will not be limited except by the availability of veins. But of course they would need to drill down to 200 or 300m.
    Veins seem to be "low" grade mostly (1.5 - 10 g/t, average maybe 3-5 g/t?) with at least one vein of very high grade. I think the TRC-013 hit of 40 g/t is continuous to the other 40 g/t hit on the same line. The TAL95-01 hit of more than 800 g/t seems to have hit another vein. And the last update had a hit of 14 g/t at the new line to the NW, so every drill line intercepted the high grade mineralization of at least roughly 1/2 oz/t. And that high grade mineralization seems to be present in different veins at different depths. Many veins of the lower grade, at least 2 veins of the super-high grade with good chances that they are reasonably continuous over the completely strike length.
    However, the single best hit maybe the one at TRC-001 because there you have 16m at 10 g/t. Seems to consist of a high grade and a lower grade vein at very thick true widths.This area seems to be a direct continuation of the veins present in the pit and if we assume 50mx60mx16m at 2t/cbm2 we would have roughly 100k tonnes of ore directly at surface. That alone would be 30k ounces with nearly no waste stripping.
    So maybe more drilling than anticipated will be needed, but at the same time Troy has excellent opportunity to get incredible production figures directly from surface maybe utilizing something like trial mining.

The idea is not new:
    https://www.thefreelibrary.com/CATHEDRAL+GOLD+REPORTS+TALLMAN+PROPERTY+RESULTS+-+KABURI+DISTRICT%2C...-a016892030
    Systematic panel sampling on 1.0 metre (3.3 feet) x 1.0 metre (3.3 feet) spacing at surface in the producing Tallman open pit has resulted in high grade averages within the stacked shallow dipping quartz vein zones. The Tallman pit exposes approximately 100 metres (330 feet) of strike length along the gold bearing zones. The average of panel samples along the main quartz vein zone exposed in the pit averages between 1.0 metres (3.3 feet) and 1.5 metres (5 feet) true width with an average grade of 3.3 oz/t (114.1 g/t) (0.5 oz/t - 16.2 g/t with high grade assays cut to 1.0 oz/t - 34.28 g/t). Approximately 5 metres (16.4 feet) structurally above the high grade area, 4 metres (13 feet) averaged 0.11 oz/t (3.68 g/t). The Tallman pit appears to expose stacked shallow dipping quartz veins within a major vertical fault structure.
    https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cathedral+Fold+-+Rallman+Drill+intersects+25+oz+gold%2fton+over+one...-a017531655
    Soil geochemical work and geophysical surveys on the Tallman property have indicated a strong northwest trending structure for more than 1 km (3200 feet) in strike length. Soil geochemical results up to 0.5 oz/t (17 g/t) have been received from soil samples taken 400 metres (1300 feet) southeast along strike from the Tallman pit. 
    https://www.thefreelibrary.com/Cathedral+Gold+-+Tallman+Drilling+Continues+to+Intercept+High+Grade...-a017496132
    Drill hole TM95-03 and TM95-04 were drilled 50 and 100 metres respectively along strike. Both holes have intersected the Tallman shear zone including the gold bearing series of quartz veins intercepted in TM95-01 and TM95-02 as anticipated. However holes TM95-03 and TM95-04 returned only strongly anomalous gold values as shown below. The lower grade in these holes may simply be the result of the "nugget effect" caused by the known coarse gold at Tallman. 
    In addition a large scale stripping program along strike from the existing producing pit is planned.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TRY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.