NWE 0.00% 5.6¢ norwest energy nl

Not gonna lie, I did have today marked in my calendar as "spud...

1. 260 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2320
    Not gonna lie, I did have today marked in my calendar as "spud day" for NWE. I thought it would have been in the morning and was resigned to no announcement today but hey, what great news - finally!

I just had a look over the latest Top 20... and pretty much bugger all change. In fact, it's not a good read if you are a MIN fan and hanging for the 80% CGT threshold.

So by my calcs, from 6th March to 10th March MIN increased by ~47.5m SOI... which equates to just 0.0068% increase... in 5 days. So if we assume that acceptance trend was to continue (and I don't see it will)... it would take ~16 business days to get to 75%.... or ~52 business days to get to that magical 80% number. Lets see if MIN keep extending.

But IMO the low hanging fruit has been picked... and acceptance rates should keep fizzing out. Just look at the daily volume... it's fizzing out. Another way to look at it is MIN need ~500m more shares to get to 80%.... and going by the top 20 list, that would mean convincing a whole lot of "the masses" to fold their cards. I just don't see it happening. Especially now that we have spud Lockyer-2. Reality is anyone that has held this long will be wanting to see out this next milestone drill. I know I am.

Btw - Next Lockyer-2 operational announcement should be when the surface casing point has been reached (at LD-1 it was at 1,205 metres MDRT)... which took only 4 days to reach... so buckle up everyone, and say a quick prayer to the drilling Gods... may we have a great drill and be rewarded with sweet fruits of our labour.

GLTA on this journey.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add NWE (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.