VMC 0.00% 8.0¢ venus metals corporation limited

Good luck with SPX getting orders to program the matter for...

1. 3,553 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1340
    Good luck with SPX getting orders to program the matter for trial in the first quarter of 2020. I would imagine that the Supreme Court will have something to say about that given the availability (or lack thereof) of court time.

If VMC get their statement of claim filed and served on 28 October, I highly doubt that SPX will have their defence and counter claim ready to be filed and served before 31 October when the matter is listed to be in court for directions. In those circumstances, the court won't make programming orders for a trial if pleadings aren't yet filed, let alone closed. Then the parties will be required to exchange affidavits of discoverable documents, inspect/exchange their discoverable documents, amend pleadings (if necessary), then go to mediation as the court won't send it to trial without at least attempting a mediation first.

To give an idea of timelines, i have a matter that at the start of October we requested be listed for mediation and we got a date in early December.

Just giving an idea of realistic time frames here as the chest beating from either side on the ASX may not necessarily reflect the reality.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add VMC (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
8.0¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $15.17M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.0¢ 0.0¢ 0.0¢ $0 0

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 100000 8.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
9.0¢ 22979 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.17pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
VMC (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.