SSG 0.87% $1.16 shaver shop group limited

This popped up on my share screener. It seems any minor bad news...

1. 19 Posts.
    This popped up on my share screener. It seems any minor bad news seems to bring a cataclysmic sell off these days. I will be watching this one over the next year, and might buy at $.40 or below.

I don't think it is a buy at the moment. I see no impetus for the share price to climb. If anything, I would expect it to drift lower. We are about 10 months away from the 2018 earnings announcement, which is now expected at best to produce no growth in EPS.

The other major negative is Amazon coming online. Between Amazon and no growth in EPS, my expectation is SSG will drift lower. I don't expect this bounce rally to sustain. The fundamentals simply aren't there. As an American Australian, I expect Amazon will put a significant dent into the earnings of many retailers. Some will adapt, become more lean, and figure out how to compete as happened in the USA. Others will not.

I don't particularly like retailers, as this is a mature market, and a specialty retailer like SSG is going to have to offer something compelling to customers over the big box stores and Amazon. If the share price drops to $.30, and they meet their 2018 earnings estimates, having survived the Amazon onslaught, then I'm probably in. If not, no big loss.

I did buy a razor from these guys. Can anyone explain why the actual shop experience is good? My $150 razor purchase eventually broke, and I am very pleased with the $20 Phillips I picked up from Kmart... and I do have a beard to maintain.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SSG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.16
Change
0.010(0.87%)
Mkt cap ! $150.6M
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.15 $1.16 $1.15 $27.57K 23.96K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 17157 $1.16

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.16 15585 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.38pm 17/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SSG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.