MFG 2.31% $9.31 magellan financial group limited

warren Buffett would beat u off every day of the week. A lot of...

1. 1,961 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 281
    warren Buffett would beat u off every day of the week. A lot of ppl don’t have the time to hand stroke quality stocks. Even when they buy a good stock you then have the issue of knowing when to sell it. I once bough BLK @ $20 and sold at $35 before it went to $200, I’ve also bought into stocks that have gone up 500% to only fall over.
    Most investors will add a few well managed funds to a portfolio, especially the top ranked ones typically can return 15% p.a which it can be a strategy to buy these in lieu of tipping extra into your mortgage. I’ve been using this strategy and I think I’ll be able to clear my mortgages within 5 years, half way there just need another few 10%+ years with some extra $$ per month and it’ll be me just about there.
    I’ve got a few and they’ve been a great foundation to my portfolio.
    Looking to buy HACK, GOAT soon.
    It’s so weird when I hear correction talk, IMO asx is fair value. 20% correction would see most stocks offer 8% yields. Banks low $20’s? Not a chance in hell on $2 drp. Financials all around 5-6% yield right now, 2022 growth and a 20% correction would jump it to 10%. Consumer staples are at all time lows. Industrials have been weak at best. Utilities are at all time lows.
    XAO is not even that high compared to past performance. The rise is on the back of overpriced miners and disruptive stuff like BNPL’s, clean energy sector & lithium.
    My bet is the correction will affect the businesses trading on mental valuations. I also think crypto will tip over.
    I actually think you will see a resurgence of the top quality blue chip businesses will happen once the dreamers sell the junk assets and look for the quality.
    MFG will be an interesting proposition. Yesterday’s sell off is certainly one of the most extremes I’ve ever seen. Everyone is saying it’ll get worse but yesterdays dump was far more then just a panic sell, that was a COVID 2020 March the world is ending sell off.
    3 recent events make you nervous, HD’s separation, departing CEO & loss of SJP. But I wouldn’t underestimate the power of HD, his connections and his ability to influence business.
    So I might have another play in MFG

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.31
Change
0.210(2.31%)
Mkt cap ! $1.682B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.31 $9.41 $9.23 $4.492M 481.9K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 1861 $9.30

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.33 741 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 09/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.