MFG 2.78% $10.73 magellan financial group limited

Ann: St James's Place Mandate, page-219

1. 846 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 154
    It is interesting you brought up cricket analogy.
    My take is different from yours. It goes like this...
    After the just concluded Ashes series, all the experts in the cricket media circle is full of praise about the abilities and performance of the Aussie team as world beaters. I have played lot of cricket myself and I agree with PART of the sentiment. These same so called experts in the media were so critical of the same Aussie team Except change of captain when they were beaten by India last summer. The batting side was labeled so poorly with bad technique etc, bowlers were unable 20 wickets etc.
    So what happened during 12 months. The conditions changed dramatically. The English team which came for ashes tour is probably the worst ever to come to Australia. I know there are better 3rd Grade teams in NSW grade cricket tournament. Any one could have beaten the English team.
    Similarly during last two years with unprecedented stimulus the world has never seen before indexes did better being just invested. MFG moving into cash and the profile of portfolio missed out.
    Now with normal economical conditions you have to pick good stocks to win, similar to Aussie team when they come up with normal opposition’s.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$10.73
Change
0.290(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $1.939B
Open High Low Value Volume
$10.53 $10.96 $10.51 $17.49M 1.633M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 2000 $10.71

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$10.73 1667 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 16/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.