MFG 1.98% $9.81 magellan financial group limited

Ann: St James's Place Mandate, page-244

1. 3,385 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 446
    Yeah, I know Ark have done extremely well, supported by both monetary policy and investors insatiable demand for anything growth/tech oriented.

Hyperion is a great manager, but you also have to be aware that when you invest in their funds, like the global strategy, you are making huge bets on tech, especially Tesla. Their performance has been stellar, but I am more interested to know how it does in the current market conditions.

I am not sure the current state of crypto supports the argument of it being a reliable store of value. If anything, the opposite.

No arguments, Magellan has made mistake after mistake. Classic case of most active managers not being able to outperform in the long term.

The case for investing in China is very complicated. Endless possibilities, but at the same time an authoritarian dictatorship, hell-bent on global expansion. on top of that you have a government known to manipulate its currency, coupled with deceptive accounting/auditing practices.

As an investor, I just hope Magellan doesn't turn into Platinum the second.

The Netflix issue is another smack to the head...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add MFG (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$9.81
Change
0.190(1.98%)
Mkt cap ! $1.773B
Open High Low Value Volume
$9.61 $9.82 $9.55 $5.448M 559.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 875 $9.79

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$9.82 1469 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 18/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
MFG (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.