OZL 0.00% $26.44 oz minerals limited

Ann: Statement of Claim Lodged , page-64

1. 1,482 Posts.
    I am not suing, I held shares in OZ Minerals when they made various statements to the market up to when they entered a trading halt on 28 November 2008, and well into this year before selling about 2 months ago. I purchased before July 08, so we will see what direction IMF take with holders like myself in the near future?

The bottom line here is OZL's statements appear to have been misleading or deceptive in that they were implied representations that OZ Minerals had a healthy balance sheet with a good cash position and no significant current liabilities when in reality it was very different.

On 1 December 2008 the shares were suspended from official quotation. It was only when queried by the ASX that OZ Minerals fully disclosed the refinancing issues meaning that they misinformed or should I say hoodwinked shareholders.

My feeling is on the entire OXR/ZFX debacle is that the merger between Oxiana and Zinifex, was invented not to benefit anyone else but OH and AM, and was more about Hegarty's golden handshake exit than about shareholders interests?

The Corporations law needs to be written is such a way, that it takes this sort of bad behavior by executives into account. The law needs to be more clear cut so that ASIC can more easily pursue such individuals to ensure they are investigated and brought to account for their greedy, lawless and reckless behavior.

History shows that most large corporate mergers are ill-timed, destroy more value than they ever promised and more often than not, their main objective is to satisfy chief executive’s ego above anything else.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OZL (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.