ELE 0.00% 0.5¢ elmore ltd

Very interested to read the range of interpretations of...

1. 236 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 226
    Very interested to read the range of interpretations of yesterday's announcement. There was certainly a lot to absorb. It set out very clearly the encouragement and assistance NSL is receiving from the Andhra Pradesh government to establish a manufacturing base and particularly to lock in a virtual monopoly of iron ore mining leases in the State.
    I've been pondering why NSL are being favoured in this way?
    Here's a few reasons I've come up with:
    - with first mover advantage among international iron ore mining companies, it's important that NSL (and companies like them) are successful, if Andhra Pradesh is to attract the foreign investment needed to drive the Chief Minister's ambitious development plans
    - NSL's expansion plans will provide employment for thousands
    - NSL is proposing to educate a skilled work force
    - NSL has strong Chinese industrial and potential investment partners
    - NSL can provide raw materials needed for local development,  and importantly
    - unlike the illegal miners, NSL will pay appropriate taxes and royalties

It's worth reading this article (link below), from today's BBC News website, about a recent lavish wedding in Southern India. Not because of the wedding itself but rather the BBC's estimate of the money allegedly made from "illegal iron ore mining"  that it is suggested may have been use to fund the nuptials.
    www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-38388752

The BBC article quotes the report of a Judicial Inquiry into illegal iron ore mining in Bellary in the State of Karnataka, (about 150km from NSL's Kurnool operations). In particular, "the Report estimated (illegal mining) had cost the Government 168 million rupees ($3.6bn) in lost royalty alone."

With the potential long term revenues implied by this article, I'm happy to wait for NSL's 'successful commissioning' announcement. Time spent now tuning the plant to the local feedstock, should mean that future expansion can be accelerated.

I've only been a shareholder for two years, and my equity is relatively modest compared to some posters. But as someone who regrettably picks from the senior's menu, I've seldom been as optimistic about the potential a company offers long term shareholders, and I'm particularly encouraged by the recent substantially increased skin in the game of several Board members.

Good luck all. Herro

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ELE (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.