STA 0.00% 9.5¢ strandline resources limited

Ann: Strandline agrees to sell Tanzanian mineral sands assets, page-31

1. 222 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 101
    (Replying to@RandallGraves 3 posts up, but use Reply and it won't post)

The 2012 one fell over due to POSCO pulling their funding, but was entirely viable at the time, if product prices behaved. As was the 2018 GRES work. Because both of those earlier DFS were done with robust mining house leads who required rapidly relocatable DMU's with much higher throughput to get the economies of scale needed for economical operation, which we developed a machine from the ground up to do this task.

In both the Sedgeman DFS and GRES DFS our concept was stated to be "daylight to second place", because it was well grounded in solid engineering and would have got the needed job done, reliably to boot. Instead the implementation team was sold a pup, gave their mining advisor direct instructions on the scope of their advice, and went with the 'safe' option. This mining process directionless implementation underpins my article on the topic, see https://www.linkedin.com/posts/vincesunter_whilst-i-do-have-a-vested-interest-this-activity-7173641131409301504-LoBl?

The disappointing thing in the whole business is the people there are now having a red hot crack at it, with the massive handicap of having to get inappropriate machinery to do the needed job, the albatross of the costs of discovery, and all this real-world financing 'stuff' that is now a bigger component of the outcomes than how hard they bust their guts doing good things to make it all work.

Whilst they are now stuck with much longer average ore pushing distances, less efficient ore transport and more expensive overburden removal than was in the DFS's, can good intentions and effort get them there? Until we know more about MSP status it is a guessing game for those of us outside the tent, and the macro-finance stuff may take it out for sh in any scenario.

At least the guesses are entertaining! All dependent on unknowable assumptions, using the (often high!) quality insights of the guessers. I know which ones I am barracking for to get the "told ya so" bragging rights, when it all plays out....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STA (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.