OEL 7.69% 1.2¢ otto energy limited

Otto has paid MU handsomely to do nothing for 2.5 years so he...

1. 2,883 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 210
    Otto has paid MU handsomely to do nothing for 2.5 years so he can have his best crack now at a liquidity event before September 11th, needed GC21 to be resolved from a capex perspective and 2.5 years of cash flow to assist in getting over that 60m USD hurdle.

it's a shame that any normal company would just pay a regular bloody dividend or have conducted a buyback and be rewarded with share price appreciation, yet Otto couldn't figure that out. The liquidity event incentive was then created and has been a shadow holding the company back from business as usual capital management and promotional activities that MU should have been performing the last 2.5 years.

Capital management activities to boost the share price would have counted towards the liquidity event hurdle, but say if the share price was 2.5 cents now, ie where it should be then no liquidity event would likely be attractive enough to be voted through. MU has had a big incentive not to promote Otto.

Such a classic Charlie Munger "Show me the incentive and I'll show you the outcome".

Well he's got 5.3 months to line his pockets, any extension to the terms and dates of his incentive deal should be dealt with like a Wagner defector. This debacle has gone on long enough.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OEL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
-0.001(7.69%)
Mkt cap ! $57.54M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $57.29K 4.787M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 549479 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 15958763 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OEL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.