ECT 0.00% 0.3¢ environmental clean technologies limited.

https://www.laprensalatina.com/global-supply-chain-to-power-japan...

1. 121 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1118
    https://www.laprensalatina.com/global-supply-chain-to-power-japans-hydrogen-ambitions/

So Kawasaki's Latrobe Valley hydrogen project is going well.

"The Company’s Coldry technology has the potential to play an important role in achieving the transition to net zero emission energy sector and the pending completion of this facility will enable the Company to demonstrate its unique, low cost, zero emission Coldry lignite drying technology at a commercial scale to major downstream partners."
    ----------------------
    Assuming Coldry is commissioned successfully early 2022, if you were Kawasaki - would you be having a look at Coldry?

The pursuit of economic lignite drying has destroyed many companies - eg Exergen ~2014 despite having Tata etc as consortium members. It will be "a big deal" if Coldry (let alone COHgen) is successful. Without an economic drying method, the LV lignite (massive, clean, low overburden) will likely become a stranded resource when power generation ceases. LV population is ~ 125,000. The lignite resource has long underpinned the LV economy. Imo, if Coldry is economic next year , the various governments will finally throw $ at ECT.

ECT have mentioned fertilizer, hydrogen as target markets. I reckon we will see many unforseen opportunities arise besides those two if lignite can be economically dried. Regarding urea, last week China said it's now restricting urea export. Australia imports most of its urea. I've posted before on LCK. Imo Coldry/LV would be vastly more viable than their urea project for reasons I explained.

ECT have been unfortunate a few times. One was ALDP. There's an article on the ECT website that highlights the ALDP failure. Three projects chosen. One by one they reneged. Last failure was CEA (want to comment Calabria?) who interestingly chose Coldry as it's drying tech. So indirectly, Coldry was a winner. But the rest of CEAs project obviously wasn't viable. The fact that Coldry hadn't been successfully commercially demonstrated wouldn't have helped.

Kaai's timing is amazing considering the recent surge in articles like the Small Caps one & the Govt focus on hydrogen tech. Spend some time googling Kaai's MD & you will see he is a serial recapitalisation expert - his very first project around 2005 was ESI....which is now renamed ECT. So Kaai essentially listed this company. Then have a look at where they took the share price back then. Impressive. If they are a quarter as successful this time sp wise - that will do me.

Some early market positions being taken, but we need a successful Coldry commissioning early next year if the share price is going to sustainably roost. Imo, to get a $100m + market cap, Coldry will have to be proven commercial. Interesting "imminent" times ahead. All imo
    tick tock...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ECT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.3¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $7.929M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.2¢ 0.3¢ 0.2¢ $1.516K 507.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
44 21223977 0.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.3¢ 8115583 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.23am 14/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ECT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.