ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 6,320 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2514
    I think Shell owns all the adjacent tenements to Range. The stuff to the west used to be a Senex/QGC JV but was transferred to QGC some years ago, which is now Shell. And the stuff to the north and east was Arrow which is also now Shell.

Senex has the Atlas block which will have a lot of production data, but it's a fair way away in a different permeability geodomain than Range so is probably of limited use. Senex also bought APLNG's old Woleebee block which is more similar to Range in terms of reservoir properties but I don't think they have done anything much there yet.

I would actually not mind if they flogged Range off now. CTP have shown no ability or inspiration in evaluating Range so far IMO. They are still trying to run single-well pilots in this area which are predictably failing to flow any major gas and wasting years in the process - the other CSG operators figured out 10 years ago that single-well pilots are pointless in this sort of area due to the stress-sensitive permeability issues that affect Walloon coals.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CTP (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.