BPT 1.19% $1.49 beach energy limited

Yes, asset quality is a good point. I also think major...

1. 11,207 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 4624
    Yes, asset quality is a good point. I also think major shareholders and the institutions running the show and their sentiment makes a difference too. Compare the major institutions in Santos in relation to Beach and the games played and I am sure you will see a big difference. That is, the institutions in Santos probably supported the share price momentum, while at Beach they sold out and leant out to shorters. Unfortunately for retail it is very difficult for us to know which companies have bullish major holders and which ones have bearish. Because they may be the same entity but for different companies they may have different tactics also. Some may have a mid to long term investment strategy for one company and await key milestones, but for another company they may be playing it short term and buying and selling based on geopolitical events. Unfortunately, we are at the very mercy of these games and if we knew which way they were going to run, we would have chosen a certain company in the first place. Unfortunately for Beach, any long term holders are still seeing the same bs and games taking place. While may traders are probably making decent profits if they have picked the timing of this constant $1.30 - $1.80 channel of recent years. Likewise, any long term holders in Santos are probably waking up in a cheery mood every day seeing their stock well in the green. While traders may have sold too early and angry with themselves. At the end of the day, retail are always a step behind the game.
    Last edited by coto: 20/06/24

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BPT (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$1.49
Change
0.018(1.19%)
Mkt cap ! $3.387B
Open High Low Value Volume
$1.48 $1.50 $1.47 $4.417M 2.979M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
28 242507 $1.49

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$1.50 215954 45
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.26pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
BPT (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.