TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

The strategic review response is disppointing and selling Manora...

1. 616 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 89
    The strategic review response is disppointing and selling Manora at present is a fundamentally flawed strategy IMO.

The oil price is at the bottom of a cycle, so selling the company's primary asset with the highest financial potential, at the bottom of the commodity price cycle, is madness unless the company is on the verge of administration, which I do not understand to be the case.

I would hope the board could come up with a better thought through plan other than sell ,the farm. We are not at that point yet.

Selling the other assets is a better idea, but the market is completely rooted at present so this is not really a viable alternative either. So the re-financing was a good move.

I think this is a case of toughing it out, seeing Manora through the current oil price cycle and managing the asset accordingly, and taking the opportunity to rejuvenate the board/management.

Regarding the board machinations, Alan Stein's last gig was Neon which ended disastrously. Nido has been a success under the current management, after Dave Whitby left, so I doubt he warrants credit for Nido.

Trim

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.