TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

lots of different opinions on this thread. Here are some simple...

1. 3,200 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 444
    lots of different opinions on this thread.
    Here are some simple facts........
    Unfortunately TAP could not of chosen a worst time to load up on debt....no fault of the company.

TAP management should of hedge fuel prices very early on(there was plenty of time between $80-$90) for the first 24 month so they were guaranteed to be in a better financial position.

TAP are now in a position that they are going to be forced to strengthen their balance sheet with asset sales that will be sold at the worst time possible.

Cost over runs are another worry but manageable.

Struggle for control of the board is a totally unnecessary and a costly distraction.

If you are holding because you think the price of oil will bounce up higher soon you are a fool.
    If you think that oil is going higher there are far safer placers to invest your money to ride the oil price higher.
    With 40% of their oil production hedged at just over $60 a barrel they will need oil to hit 75-80 real soon to stop any forced asset sales and with a world wide glut of oil that is just not going to happen.
    All in all not much to like here........... SP has not yet priced in all the risks.
    Personally hold but not a large number.....if I had more I would be lightening the risky load.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.