TAP 0.00% 7.8¢ tap oil limited

The major oil/gas companies can look beyond the current...

1. 2,669 Posts.
    The major oil/gas companies can look beyond the current situation and see that LNG has a very bright future in the next few years.  Gazprom predicts a global shortage of LNG by 2018 while Peter Coleman (Woodside) predicts a global shortage by 2020.
    Russia's Yamal LNG Sees Global Natural Gas Deficit by 2018

This Week In Energy: LNG Could Be 2015’s Big Winner

"Growth in the global natural gas trade is expected to continue to climb rapidly. Worldwide trade in liquefied natural gas (LNG) is expected to reach $120 billion this year, making it the second most valuable commodity, according to Goldman Sachs. The $120 billion figure will allow LNG to overtake iron ore in terms of the value traded. The strong growth is the result of major supply expansions that are expected to come online this year and next. More liquefaction capacity will mean an erosion of the practice of linking the price of LNG to the price of oil under long-term contracts. In its place will be an increasing reliance on the spot market, giving greater leverage to buyers. Over the next ten years, LNG is expected to see a 5.1% growth rate"

My own personal view is that oil is not what we should be investing in since Governments around the world are legislating against its use. The Corporate Average Fuel Economy (CAFE) regulations require  US automakers to achieve a fleet average of 34.1 mpg by 2016, and 54.5 mpg by 2025.  That is a really big saving in fuel but many automakers are switching to Electric Vehicles (EV) because according to BMW that is the only way of meeting the emission standards.  Already there is a global glut of  oil so where will we be in 2025?

If I was a long-term investor I would want Tap to hold on to gas assets and get out of oil but I have a short term horizon so I want to get my cash and run. upload_2015-3-7_13-20-52.jpeg

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAP (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.