RFX 4.76% 11.0¢ redflow limited

Possibly? It's hard to tell. But even if that's the case, that's...

1. sjl
    1,198 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 308
    Possibly? It's hard to tell. But even if that's the case, that's an even bigger cause for concern: if there are so many different failure modes, what other failure modes have not been identified or fixed yet? What issues might be lurking in the background? That said, I doubt that that's a likely scenario. These batteries have been in use for a while; I would generally expect any significant issues to have shown up, and for Redflow to be aware of them (whether Redflow knows exactly what they are and how to deal with them is, of course, a different question.)

It all comes back to that one core problem: communication. Tell shareholders what's going on. Tell us what the issues are, and what's being done about them, in as much detail as possible whilst maintaining relevant protections for the company's intellectual property. Don't treat us like mugs; don't gloss over the issues; don't pretend that they're smaller than they really are. Because, sooner or later, word gets around about what the situation really is, and if there's a disparity between what's happening and what's being said, it creates a huge trust issue - and if the company needs to go back to the market for more funds, that's going to bite the company in the backside in a huge way.

I would expect Redflow to have a pretty good handle on why a given battery might have failed. Even more so for those units that have been returned to the company (mine is still waiting to be picked up, although I've received the buyback funds; I've already told the company that I can make sure I'm there for the collection with just one or two days' advance warning.) If they don't have a pretty good handle on the issues, the continued sales are a massive potential liability for the company. But the only way for the company to engender trust is by being up front about what's going on, in as much detail as they can provide, rather than glossing over things and saying, essentially, "nothing to see here, move along, move along."

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add RFX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
11.0¢
Change
0.005(4.76%)
Mkt cap ! $26.08M
Open High Low Value Volume
11.0¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ $38.22K 351.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
24 861842 10.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
11.0¢ 279944 8
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 10/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
11.0¢
  Change
0.005 ( 4.76 %)
Open High Low Volume
10.5¢ 11.0¢ 10.5¢ 410602
Last updated 15.59pm 10/05/2024 ?
RFX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.