STX 4.44% 23.5¢ strike energy limited

Part of me says: Fluff; intricate web of offsetsAnother part is...

ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 729 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 274
    Part of me says: Fluff; intricate web of offsets

Another part is skeptical: really, how useful is offsetting domestic scope 1 and 2 emissions by reducing someone else’s scope 3 emissions that occur in our country. Haber produces lower emissions product for local consumption - offsetting the higher emissions imports, which might well be consumed elsewhere around the globe. That’s the offset as far as I can tell. How the maths adds up not sure yet but that’s the principle.

Yet another part of me says this is great; more efficient, local production/consumption just makes sense and is better for the general interest vs. Importing higher carbon intensive alternatives. But this logic doesn’t hold everywhere around the world - for example why is Canada trying to sink its own domestic oil and gas production in unending cost and regulatory burden, but seemingly blind to the consequence of replacing that production with imports from countries with no such environmental controls, let alone human rights differences?

Such is the complexity of governing global emissions with country-level policies.

One thing for sure: I expect the market will love this and not surprisingly it does.

Despite the rant - I do admire the leadership this company is showing !!

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.