STX 2.56% 20.0¢ strike energy limited

Yes I agree there are specific, sometimes narrow examples that...

1. 718 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 270
    Yes I agree there are specific, sometimes narrow examples that support your argument. Biofuels you quote are blended and very high cost; and bring plenty of other issues; right now cannot be safely or effectively scaled up.

Be careful taking what appears to be working in one part of the world where politics and subsidies skew outcomes, and trying to project that across the rest of the globe - especially poorer nations than us. It’s a pity Australia didn’t stick with a simple carbon tax as by now we’d have a better idea of what the free market could deliver in terms of true innovation.

I agree all the improvements you’re pointing out will be part of the transition. But some people seem to think these changes will be as quick as the iPhone replacing Blackberry - which vastly underestimates the size and complexity of the energy system. In my view fossil fuels will definitely still play a pivotal role in the energy mix for MANY MANY decades to come - and carbon capture and storage, fuel cells and hydrogen will be integrated with that to provide true scalable solutions to the challenges for which currently there are not solutions.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.005(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $572.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $1.339M 6.792M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 674181 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 741329 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.