STX 2.56% 20.0¢ strike energy limited

The more I look at the Perth Basin the more I think it will be...

1. tui
    6,076 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1482
    The more I look at the Perth Basin the more I think it will be controlled by Gina and Mineral  Resources. They could achieve this by taking out STX,  WGO  and NWE.   ( Beach and Mitsui would continue as is )

1. We know that Min Res lost out to Beach and Mitsui some years ago re Waitsia..
    2. We know that STX has an enviably huge gas position in the Perth Basin .... having successfully drilled several wells and  has a large permit base acquired from UIL at peppercorn rates that is basically untouched so far. And it also has a plan to produce fertiliser which is sorely needed in Australia and the world.  Gina has one of her eyes focused on Fertiliser.

3. A combined entity that took out STX, WGO and NWE would presumably  get a green light to export gas at high international prices. Currently at about six times the existing domestic price. This is a Huge Carrot.  And Gina could possibly work in with POSCO,  a South Korean company she has  shared interest with over on the East Coast. Unlikely but quite possible . South Korea  needs gas supply security  as does Japan ( Mitsui ) .
    And there will be enough gas in the Perth Basin to satisfy the Domestic market for many many years to come.

5.  NWE are on track to prove up a possible 2.5 tcf of gas in their permit/s shared 20/80 with Min Res with drilling plans already announced. As a shareholder of NWE I do hope we can get to drill these prospect outlined as per the latest NWE AGM preso.

6. Gina would get her Agricultural Fertiliser and  huge gas revenues as would Min Res .

It seems simple to me but I am only a speculative spectator  who has minor shareholdings in  STX and  a position in NWE . Obviously there are many scenarios and I may be completely off track. But it is one scenario. It has been a huge last fortnight for the Perth Basin and I was lucky enough to attend quite a few AGM's over in Perth.  
    Best
    tui

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
0.005(2.56%)
Mkt cap ! $572.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
19.5¢ 20.0¢ 19.0¢ $1.339M 6.792M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
23 674181 19.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.0¢ 741329 6
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 26/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.