STX 2.78% 18.5¢ strike energy limited

Ann: Strike to Drive Development of Project Haber for Fertilisers, page-20

1. 8,684 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 3337
    What a momentous day in the company's history.
    Stuart Nicholls has talked about using Strike's gas to underpin new manufacturing industries in Australia, and economic growth more broadly, since the beginning. He is backed by heavy weights like Power and Poynton (and don't forget Carnegie) who want to do more than pump some gas and get taken out by a multinational (unlike the management teams of most smaller companies on the ASX). These guys think big and, more importantly, have the connections and resources to pull this off. All the great wealth creators in history were driven by a desire to make a contribution to society more broadly, by creating jobs and bringing innovative new products to market, not just their back pockets (although this is important too).

I will only add that there could not be a better time to launch this scheme:
    - real interest rates at historic lows (cheap financing)
    - investors are chasing anything that might provide safe- and long-term above inflation returns
    - governments around the world are looking for way to stimulate their economies and reduce dependence on foreign supply chains. I think more broadly, there will be a strategic interest in uncoupling from China in particular. All of this means we might expect significant government support for the project at both the state and federal levels.

Talk about taking the bull by the horns. Then again, shouldn't be surprised. The company has followed through on nearly everything it said it would do. Very exciting.

P.S. Whatever happened to Coogee Chemicals, who used to be a major shareholder? They struck me as the type of company would be be initial investors in this type of project.
    Last edited by invertedva: 11/01/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.5¢
Change
0.005(2.78%)
Mkt cap ! $530.0M
Open High Low Value Volume
18.5¢ 19.0¢ 18.0¢ $1.303M 7.063M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
4 347828 18.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
19.0¢ 1205075 19
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 12/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.