CMM 0.17% $5.97 capricorn metals ltd

We will hopefully have positive news regarding exploration at...

1. 1,662 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 242
    We will hopefully have positive news regarding exploration at both projects and perhaps metallurgical results from MGGP - but maybe not the Reserve announcement and final investment decision. I think, perhaps, the major MGGP unveiling will be taking place around late July along with the annual report leading into August - Diggers and Dealers. We are awaiting assays from A/C and R/C done to the east of the MGGP pit sequence. They are sterilisation drills for the plant layout. If they return a lot of gold - the proposed mine layout will likely have to be adapted. This could lead to a second round of sterilisation drilling in a different location and a complete overhaul of the mine site layout, along with follow up infill / extensional drilling to define more resources in that east of pits area. To the north of the pit sequence the rock chip sampling has returned gold >5gpt and also copper >2% and moly and silver. I think we have A/C results pending there also. You can see the infilling occurring at Veda between the airstrip and the mine in the last frame of the above timelapse of Karlawinda. They may be adding another year or two to the KGP LOM there right now.
    From the half yearly -

During the period, technical work and studies continued across numerous disciplines for reserve estimation, feasibility studies,
    permitting application and ultimately project development.

Hydrological exploration and testwork commenced at the MGGP with early testwork identifying multiple positive flow locations which
    will be targeted for production water bore installation in the second half of the year. A maiden reserve estimate is expected to be
    released in the March 2023 quarter.

I'm happy to wait - I can see it's going to be a big and long term project. Definitely a far more technically demanding mine layout than Karlawinda. Mark and the crew will get it right - they know what smart money is looking for - strong margin and life of mine. The longer it takes for the FID - the less finance and / or dilution will be required for development.
    I managed to add some more at $3.80. Should have bought a lot more though....

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CMM (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$5.97
Change
-0.010(0.17%)
Mkt cap ! $2.253B
Open High Low Value Volume
$5.93 $5.97 $5.85 $3.907M 658.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 61 $5.95

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$5.97 4562 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 23/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
CMM (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.