BRB 0.00% 47.5¢ breaker resources nl

Well they have decided to drill for scale first, meaning they're...

1. 1,112 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 320

Well they have decided to drill for scale first, meaning they're trying to find the limits of the mineralisation both along strike and at depth. You really have to be in for the long game with this approach, it's reasonably cautious and requires a LOT of drilling, and a lot of deep holes. However, if I was starting a mine I'd be a lot happier knowing I had a fair amount of drilling under my feet which decreases the likelihood of being unpleasantly surprised once the ug development starts.

The other approach is to pretty much just wing it and drill the absolute bare minimum of holes to convince the market (and yourself) that you have "something" that can be mined, because you're in such a rush to finance the project and build a mill. If you think this sounds pretty sketchy you'd be right, because it is.

Dacian is a classic example of this, they made the fatal mistake of trying to join the Mt Morgans orebody together on 80x80m spaced drilling which for some unfathomable reason they also decided to classify as an Indicated Resource, and based an ug mine plan around it. Once they began exposing the orebody ug it was exactly the opposite of continous - patchy, complicated and very chopped up, or in less technical terms a total s$$tshow. And the rest is history so they say.

As long as BRB doesn't do something stupid like that (which I don't think they'll do), the drilling will eventually tell the story, and we probably will get to 2 million oz or so. But as soon as you try to force the issue with Resource work and take shortcuts, that's generally when all the bs starts. I'm happy being the tortoise in the race for the time being.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BRB (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.