TAR 0.00% 0.8¢ taruga minerals limited

Ann: Strongly Supported Placement to raise $3.5 Million, page-94

1. 5,711 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1820
    longreach - I am a designated trader due to our tax system in NZ. I've only had a handful of stocks over the last 10-12 years that I have stayed with all the way through. It really doesn't matter to me if my dollar is in one stock or another - eventually any stock gets to a point of diminishing returns and often there's a better opportunity somewhere else.

I'm hoping TAR is a stock I can do my work with for a few years. I started late with them but have accumulated (and traded) to a near T20 type holding - and if it dips a little into the release of the CR shares I'll aim to add considerably ... then the game starts in earnest ... hold the majority and trade the rest. If and when a significant TA event becomes obvious - making a big decision or two.

It's worked for me for years and I've been supporting our welfare system accordingly. I was in your graphite stock and battled croc in the early days - made a bundle then bailed when the TA went down the toilet. Had a love hate relationship with one FA'er there starting with "ross". But good for them they followed me to a small biotech in the low cents then. The Elliot Wave stuff has worked there.

It doesn't work all the time - but it works often. I've been caught by executive liars (big time), so I now rely on TA even more than before.

Eventually when TAR has a chart worth calling - I will - it has a few hurdles to cross first.

I went 50% cash last Christmas when the general market TA turned negative and I'm yet to commit but have been able to make small momentum trades all the way through on these bear rallies and so have largely stayed unscathed from this bear market downturn. Made good money on Li's in the early days but got off the bus too early - who knows what happens there next - freaky stuff. Nobody saw that hype/demand coming - it was the hardest FA to predict. REE's should be easier FA now.

TAR might just be my first major dabble looking forward to 2023/24. Let's hope it proves to be a good candidate. I feel REE's could be a Li "mini-me".

I've learned that most stocks trade differently to each other - you need to "learn the stock" from a TA, FA and "ticker" perspective. As a stock evolves so does the broker following, then the bot'ing (algorithms), then the shorting. Nothing is constant - the bigger the Cap the bigger the opportunity for the pros.

The retail holders only play on the long end of the playing field - largely leaving twice the paddock area (short and long) for the pros to run around in - irrespective of whether you like it or not.

I don't short and it'll be a long long time until anyone shorts TAR. The first sign will be off-market-transfers - taking profit or losses and changing the nominated ownership for the stock-holding - that'll be a sign. It'll happen.

I expect we'll see that in the holdings for Two Tops and the likes in due course ... TAR has a long way to go but I'm hopeful.

I see TAR sellers are chewing through the 3.2's now ... as expected.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add TAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
0.8¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $5.648M
Open High Low Value Volume
0.9¢ 0.9¢ 0.8¢ $31.79K 3.703M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 1756376 0.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
0.9¢ 1159495 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.46pm 12/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
TAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.