PLS 5.83% $3.07 pilbara minerals limited

"As a long-term holder of PLS shares, I have reservations about...

1. 446 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 170
    "As a long-term holder of PLS shares, I have reservations about this strategy. If this were an oil company facing a glut that's driving down prices, announcing a substantial production increase might not be advisable. It could potentially exacerbate the oversupply issue and delay the recovery of lithium prices. Perhaps delaying such an announcement for 12 or 24 months, allowing for a more favorable market environment, could be a prudent approach. Thoughts?"

The leading commodity price forecasters expect a shortage of lithium supply in the back half of this decade. Which implies (much) higher pricing.
    P2000 is timed to meet this supply deficit, with the additional production to hit the market from FY28 but more likely FY29.
    PLS is doing exactly what it should be doing; planning and investing in expansion in the long term for the future supply deficit.
    In doing so, it signals to downstream customers that they should continue to engage with and can rely on PLS if they want quality Tier 1 supply long term, and well as a warning shot to other wannabee Lithium producers and particularly those looking to finance them that the world's largest independent hard rock behemoth is going to get bigger and stronger, and make life harder for them.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add PLS (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$3.07
Change
-0.190(5.83%)
Mkt cap ! $9.239B
Open High Low Value Volume
$3.19 $3.20 $3.07 $96.53M 30.85M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
41 815921 $3.06

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$3.08 309816 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
PLS (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.