IXR 0.00% 1.2¢ ionic rare earths limited

Forgive me if I've missed something but I don't think anyone has...

1. 127 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 125
    Forgive me if I've missed something but I don't think anyone has mentioned this...

From what I can tell, the article posted this morning indicates that locals are squabbling with each other with respect to the size and borders of their land, which is a concern for them as a result of the significant compensation they would receive for displacement. Clearly they would be motivated to claim that they own as much of the minable area as possible.

"It is causing a lot of anxiety and families are fighting against each other over the idea that land is going to be sold for a lot of money."

It is not about the inhabitants refusing to accept offers or objecting to the land being mined or exploited, they are trying to maximize their own benefit from the operation. This only occurs because the offer is so favorable for them if they own land in the area.

This does not reflect poorly on IXR's process or future, but local dealings need to be kept civil with respect to things that are outside of IXR's remit, such as how much land an individual or family might have the right to claim compensation for. Ultimately authority here from someone that has jurisdiction with these matters will be beneficial to getting agreements signed, and prevent delays due to arguing about what percentage of the land belongs to who.

The government is indeed protecting people from each other, not IXR, and education won't hurt either. As Barmy said, there is no indication that IXR have done anything unethical or incorrectly - all sides just need to understand what they possess and what is being offered, which will be facilitated shortly thanks to this movement.
    Last edited by Corribus: 17/05/22

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add IXR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.2¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $57.97M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.2¢ $1.754K 145.8K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
56 15163562 1.2¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.3¢ 4070476 14
View Market Depth
Last trade - 10.31am 05/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
1.3¢
  Change
0.000 ( 4.17 %)
Open High Low Volume
1.3¢ 1.3¢ 1.3¢ 65000
Last updated 10.54am 05/06/2024 ?
IXR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.