BDR 0.00% 6.5¢ beadell resources limited

Ann: Successful commissioning of the Iron Ore Con, page-8

1. RVR
    6,340 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2350
    re: Ann: Successful commissioning of the Iron... I hadn't looked at the Anglo mine issue hitherto, so in case it's of interest here's the media reports. Do hope the iron ore mine continues, sounds like a real port disaster with 6 killed. Sorry if this has been posted before:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/03/30/brazil-mining-anglo-accident-idUSL2N0CM0FI20130330

BRASILIA, 30 Mar 2013
    (Reuters) - The collapse of a river bank where a floating pier was moored has halted shipments by global miner Anglo American from its iron ore operation in Amapa state in Northern Brazil, the company said on Saturday.

The accident on Thursday night in the Port of Santana killed three workers whose bodies were recovered from the river by divers who continue searching for three others still missing, Anglo said in a statement.

The cause of the accident is being investigated, it said.

Anglo's iron ore production in Amapa was not interrupted, but shipments have been paralyzed and there is no forecast of when they can resume, a company spokesperson said.

Last year, Anglo produced 7.2 million tonnes of iron ore from Amapa's Pedra Branca do Amapari mine, 200 kms from Santana. The mine poduces pellet and sinter feed.

Anglo and joint venture partner Cliffs Natural Resources agreed in January to sell the Amapa iron ore operation to former commodities trader Pramod Agarwal's Zamin Ferrous for an undisclosed sum.

Anglo bought control of Amapa from Brazilian billionaire Eike Batista's MMX in 2008, as part of the $5.5 billion Minas Rio acquisition. But Amapa was deemed non-core and put on the block last year as the miner streamlines its asset portfolio globally.
    Zamin Ferrous signs binding agreement for purchase of Anglo American's Amapa iron ore mine
    Rakhi Mazumdar, ET Bureau Jan 5, 2013, 05.32PM IST
    Zamin Ferrous|Pramod Agarwal|Mine|Iron ore|Ferrous|Essar Steel|Cliffs Natural Resources|Brazil|Anglo American
    KOLKATA: Zamin Ferrous, an international mining group with Indian leadership, has signed a binding agreement for the purchase of the Amapa iron ore mine in Brazil from Anglo American (70%) and Cliffs Natural Resources (30%). Amapa produced 4.8 million tonne (mt) of iron ore in 2011 and is expected to increase production over the coming years. Amapa has a resource of 271 mt and potential exists for further expansion in the region. The sale and purchase is subject to regulatory approvals in Brazil. The transaction is expected to complete in 2013. With the acquisition of Amapa, Zamin believes it can produce around 45 mt per annum as a group within five years.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add BDR (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.