CXY 0.00% 0.3¢ cougar energy limited

Ann: Successful completion of air linkage testing, page-10

1. 6,303 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 2505
    re: Ann: Successful completion of air linkage... Yes pukin you're pretty much correct. This is my understanding of it:

Any coal seam is fractured to some degree, often directionally (ie the fractures align in some direction). This is why Cougar drilled three test wells and not just two - so they can test multiple directions.

These fractures allow fluids (gas and water) to permeate through the seam. This is important for the UCG process because the injection well is fired and the resultant syngas needs to be extracted from another well. Obviously this requires the gas to be able to move through the coal seam under the pressure of the extraction well.

This test has proven that the Kunioon Seam is sufficiently fractured to allow this movement of gas (by injecting air). They effectively set up a current by pumping it down the injection well, having it permeate through the seam, and be sucked out the extraction well. If they can do it with air, they can do it with syngas.

Anyway it's another important step. That's what I love about Cougar - no fanfare, no talking themselves up like other UCG companies I might mention. Just slow, steady progress, updating the market at each milestone with facts rather than bluster.

They just let the results speak for themselves.

Next result should be the resource estimate at Wandoan. Shouldn't be long now.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CXY (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.