ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 2,600 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 527

Mike (anyone) I'm as happy as anyone with this outcome but I'm curious as to your setting of the odds.

Having NOT been in oil and gas ever in my life I ask this genuinely.

I understand that sticking a hole in the ground randomly has a low chance of finding oil. Maybe it as random as 100 years ago though.

However once you have found oil and can use your GPR to map it then surely your chances of the next drill hitting pay dirt are enormously increased. Like jumping off a donkey into a thoroughbred. Then the more you do the more likely you are to keep finding especially in an appraisal program as opposed to a wildcat program. Like jumping off a country galloped onto Winx.

In addition I understand that chance of success (CoS) is a historic based statistic. Is that correct? If so would it be fair to say that the CoS now is greater than in the 1800s given there is superior equipment and techniques. Have the CoS stats been modified to account for this?

Maybe that's partly why 'our' stock has been stagnate. People expect success. I say 'our' simply to reinforce jam a holder and keeper and ask these questions out of genuine interest.

The drill at FAN will be interesting.

On another matter I can't help but think FAR is struggling to attract the retail investors necessary to drive the SP up for the reason that there are more and more people of the belief that oil is a commodity in decline as the populist push for renewables sends it to the back burner.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.