HMD 3.70% 2.8¢ heramed limited

Ann: Successful First Phase - e-Lovu Initial Commercial Rollout, page-10

1. 2,225 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 910
    so the point to that is there is a very real and growing market for maternal Telehealth solutions globally and also Australia. I use the separation of globally and Australia simply because we often move opposite etc from global trends as we are a funny bunch.. Philips is a massive player in the medical imaging space so their movements have a bearing on what HMD is doing. Nuvo is certainly doing some big things with Sheba as well as Philips which is not a great sign for HMD as that should of been a home ground advantage in Tel Aviv but thats what does often happen with Israeli companies in Israel... things get opaque to say the least.. Philips has a $50m investment in Pulsenmore so for them to also align with Nuvo ($8m investment) suggests that they almost certainly looked at HMD (due to Sheba's involvement with all 3 of those Israeli tech companies) and passed or perhaps the Board of HMD turned away from a deal? Dunno?? I'm not privy to any of those dealings etc like that and it is just conjecture and speculation on my part.

NSW Health is important to the roll out of HMD in Australia as is Qld health, NT health.... all the state and territory healths are important as we have very large and active government health departments that are critical for broader based acceptance and use of HMD's tech. Even more so as the remoteness of Australia should play into the needs of remote devices and they would be supported by the state health depts more than private health. RHC is massive but largely urban based care, remote Qld (Aramac etc) remote NSW (back of Bourke) etc etc are all places that the HeraCARE model should be a natural and obvious choice for care so long as there is someone able to oversee the results generated by the device. NSW Health signing an agreement with Sheba Beyond will almost certainly include remote Telehealth options and the concern from an HMD perspective is wether that would allow a more rapid and/or complete expansion of a competitors services. However... Sheba Beyond does work with HMD in all the charity locations through Project Rozana such as Hebron, Palestine, West Bank etc as well as having worked together in Ukraine.. dunno? maybe HMD could get a leg up into NSW Health courtesy of having been deployed in some pretty tough parts of the world? If you were sending a nurse out to an Aboriginal community in the middle of nowhere you would want some durable equipment... HMD has proven use in combat zones so it should work in Woop Woop etc... that Nuvo device looks far more complicated to use however Pulse has remote ultrasound... dunno??

RHC will be aware of the agreement with Sheba and NSW Health because if I know then they would absolutely be privy to a much greater detail as they have numerous facilities in NSW. If I was in RHC and all of a sudden there was another pretty reputable option available for a growing clinical demand then I would want to investigate it. I would almost certainly draw the conclusion that Pulse and Nuvo will be introduced to RHC by Philips. Philips operates in Australia and will have substantial commercial agreements with RHC so it might put some pressure on their decision to sign or not with HMD, there might be a first option clause that makes a Philips device/service required to be trialed etc? Dunno? thats conjecture but I work with lots of contracts so it's not impossible. If you were a mum and you turned up expecting a HeraBEAT but were handed a Nuvo Invu device and a Pulsenmore mobile phone adapter to perform your own ultrasound would you care that a friend of yours had used a smaller device in their pregnancy at the same hospital just previously? It would not be difficult to continue to operate a remote maternal option just with different tools... that would be a crippling blow to HMD but it must be considered as possible.

However..... what if it was too late for JHC to now undo the IT transformation of it's maternal Telehealth service? The device/s is part of the solution, the platform is a separate beast entirely. HeraCARE can still bring up the screen for the blood sugars, blood pressure, mental health, weight etc which are all monitored by the same devices/apps that are used for Pulse/Nuvo. HeraCARE has been signed off by the legal team of RHC as it is considered to be safe for privacy and secure from hacking data.... maybe Pulse/Nuvo are late to the party and the shot has already been fired?? dunno?? e-Lōvu is a variety of apps and devices that all connect and report through HeraCARE platform, thats how it works... maybe the device is able to be matched but not the tech behind it? I have no idea?? It took over a year of integration to get HMD to work in just 1 RHC site... do they now ditch that year and go down another year or so pathway to find out how secure the new option is?? Maybe not? depends on the commercial size etc of the proposed roll outs? Equally there might be different RHC sites with different devices and tech platforms?? not sure?

Until something is signed by RHC it has to be considered that something will NOT be signed.... Should old mate in the USA kick off the way he has been talked up then maybe things will all be ok... lots of ifs and maybes.... dunno? I don't think we are sunk but it is still a bit tricky and still definitely in the binary outcome side of events.... Philips is clearly interested in this space but they are not the only manufacturer of medical devices so it isn't a mortal blow that they are involved in those other 2 businesses, just a bit disappointing that these deals hang out just past reach and we don't seem to be adding a great deal to the rest of deal flow....

dunno?

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add HMD (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
2.8¢
Change
0.001(3.70%)
Mkt cap ! $11.01M
Open High Low Value Volume
2.8¢ 2.9¢ 2.8¢ $10.43K 371.1K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
2 262786 2.8¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
2.9¢ 107433 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.35pm 21/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
HMD (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.