ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM
CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
ANNOUNCEMENT SPONSORED BY PLUS500
CFD TRADING PLATFORM CFD Service. Your Capital is at risk
  1. 3,183 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 835
    I think this is a good outcome by the EVN team and those coupon rates look very competitive, well done EVN. It also shows how pathetically lopsided the credit market is when it comes to risk in the mining industry...... big established player can have massive funds for next to nix but smaller players get ripped off.

An example - goldie/silver near EVN in Cobar NSW (MKR) is paying 12.5% on a small $10USD debt.... they have been trying to refinance this for about 6-8 months and and the financers aren't giving them nudda.... using C19 issues as a cover excuse while they milk the fattest and laziest of margins from this fledgling operation..... for me the finance/loan industry equals lazy fat scum.

Alutra (AJM) is another one that comes to mind (but yeah not a goldie).... they we're sent to the wall because they were paying around 12% (or something high like that) on their US debt and the financiers wouldn't give them any breathing space at all..(another 3-6months respite would have got them through)... instead they sold them out..... aholes.... being a PLS holder I saw a windfall, but that doesn't make it right.

It reminds me the consumer market bit home loans vs credit card debt.... how banks are allowed to still charge up to 15-20% on credit card debt when home loan rates are ~2% in my mind is criminal and should be legislated against.... it is just preying on the vulnerable.
    Last edited by timbin4: 13/08/21

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EVN (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
$4.54
Change
0.020(0.44%)
Mkt cap ! $8.852B
Open High Low Value Volume
$4.45 $4.55 $4.43 $14.26M 3.183M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
45 128819 $4.53

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
$4.54 90580 18
View Market Depth
Last trade - 12.48pm 04/10/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
EVN (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.