STX 2.44% 20.0¢ strike energy limited

Can everyone stop whinging about the shorts. No one whinges when...

1. 838 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 288
    Can everyone stop whinging about the shorts. No one whinges when the longs buy up so stop whinging when the shorts sell down.

It’s a free market to allow money to be made up and down. The only difference between a short seller and the standard retail seller is the short has to buy back and return the borrowed shares. Think about that…they are signalling what they are needing to do in the future. Use it to your advantage people. Follow the trend. If you feel shorts are going to increase then sell high and buy back at a later day lower. If you feel they are covering, buy low and sell at a later day higher. Pretty simples.

When they have an agenda no amount of positive or negative news will influence their decisions. When shorts are all over a stock, the only questions you should ask yourself is ‘how many shares do I think the shorts have at their disposal and when do I think they will cover’. That will signal the reversal independent of any company news.

Not financial advice, just my humble observations from SYR where I lost a bit but made a heap to have financial freedom. Under short attack for a very long time and I learnt after a small loss to forget about the company announcements or the so called “positive future of natural graphite”, and just trade the short trend.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add STX (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
20.0¢
Change
-0.005(2.44%)
Mkt cap ! $572.1M
Open High Low Value Volume
20.5¢ 21.0¢ 20.0¢ $1.096M 5.415M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
32 2599619 20.0¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
20.5¢ 451618 5
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 02/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
STX (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.