ZMI 0.00% 1.1¢ zinc of ireland nl

First off, please excuse my naivety, I am new to Mining terms...

1. 106 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 7
    First off, please excuse my naivety, I am new to Mining terms and I am learning as I go

I was unsure of how to intemperate the findings from drill ZB16-003, so I have been doing some googling and found an explanation which I have pasted below . Please let me know if it is not relevant to the findings.

I was miffed as to why they did not use the word "Zinc" in the findings from drill 3, am I correct in amusing that you can not tell what type of ore is contained in these oxidized zones by sight, unlike the findings from drill ZB16-002, which contained brecciated zinc - bearing sulphides which can be identified by sight?

Going forward, If the assay results from ZB16-03 contain the same levels of Zinc as the historic data, then they will have two impressive drill results with one drill result still to come in October.

Oxidised zones of ore deposits

The region above the water-table in an ore deposit is known as the oxidised zone as it is the zone of oxidation of the primary ore minerals. This oxidised zone is primarily composed of mixtures of iron oxides/hydroxides and quartz which we call gossan.
    Most primary ore minerals (particularly the sulfide minerals) are only stable in anaerobic dry environments. With the rise and fall of the water-table and downward percolating rainwater (containing dissolved oxygen), these minerals dissolve and new minerals (oxide zone minerals) are precipitated in the gossan. With the dissolution of sulfide minerals, the water becomes acidic, further enhancing the dissolution of the ore.
    Most of the spectacular minerals we see from ore deposits are those formed in the oxidised zone. When the oxidised zone is well developed and the secondary minerals sufficiently concentrated, it is a highly profitable zone to mine as the processing is much cheaper and easier and the metals more concentrated. However, most oxidised zones have been mined in the past because they formed outcrops of easily identifiable stained gossans. The most common minerals found in oxidised zones are:
    • Copper: malachite, azurite, chrysocolla
    • Gangue minerals: quartz (usually cryptocrystalline), baryte, calcite, aragonite
    • Iron: goethite, hematite
    • Lead: anglesite, cerussite
    • Manganese: pyrolusite, romanechite, rhodochrosite
    • Nickel: gaspeite, garnierite
    • Silver: native silver, chlorargyrite
    • Zinc: smithsonite
    The main zinc mineral is sphalerite (Zn,FeS), which contains up to 67% zinc. Smithsonite (ZnCO3, 52%), willemite (Zn2SiO4, 59%) and hemimorphite (Zn4Si2O7(OH)2 H2O, 54%)

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ZMI (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
1.1¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $2.345M
Open High Low Value Volume
1.2¢ 1.2¢ 1.1¢ $1.449K 122.6K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 68245 1.1¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
1.2¢ 326333 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 14.55pm 28/06/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
ZMI (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.