EGR 0.00% 14.5¢ ecograf limited

No doubt that with the PSG product destined for...

1. 469 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 341
    No doubt that with the PSG product destined for European/American/Asian markets, the Kwinana BAM facility and Tanzanian graphite mine were an awkward pairing. A European or NA facility made far more sense - this was discussed at length here in the lead-up to Kwinana development. Some argued that Kwinana was the best option, to be the trailblazer in a cookie-cutter approach. Management were obviously undeterred, as they were clearly willing to push all the way through to final development approvals.... I would say entirely unrelated to the Kwinana rug pull. The only scenario that makes any sense to me is that a major partner 'committed' to some form of co-development of purification plant(s) at LIB production hubs, a much better option for EGR long term - with bringing Epanko online being a pre-requisite, mouths shut until then.

Just speculation, but something of that nature is the only thing that could justify the seeming self-sabotage and subsequent silence. It still shocks me how awfully it was all executed and communicated.

The increased efficiency of a Tanzanian mechanical shaping facility is minor at first. But makes complete sense if EGR has committed to PSG facilities at LIB hubs. I believe this was possibly a demand of the Tanz Gov during FA negotiations. The more 'regionalised BAM facilities' fed by this central mechanical shaping hub, the greater the gains.

~7% TGC ore grade, beneficiated to ~96% TGC concentrate by mechanical flotation (minesite processing) - higher grades possible, as announced.
    So, 96% unpurified and unshaped graphite WAS to be shipped from Tanz.

Tanz mechanical shaping facility products - unpurified (say 96% TGC) spherical graphite (60% of yield) and unpurified fines (40% of yield). Allows for the 'battery graphite' to be separated from the 'other graphite' at an earlier stage. Total volumes shipped out of Tanz effectively the same. Allows the fines to be shipped directly to wherever (say, a European recarb processing facility) as opposed to being generated at a purification/shaping facility at a European LIB manufacturing hub.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add EGR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
14.5¢
Change
0.000(0.00%)
Mkt cap ! $65.83M
Open High Low Value Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ $7.712K 52.84K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
3 25950 14.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
15.0¢ 50000 1
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.42pm 08/05/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
Last
14.5¢
  Change
0.000 ( 0.00 %)
Open High Low Volume
15.0¢ 15.0¢ 14.5¢ 9317
Last updated 14.17pm 08/05/2024 ?
EGR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.