ASM 18.9% 63.0¢ australian strategic materials limited

Ann: Supplementary Announcement, page-17

1. 1,403 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1036
    Having attempted to look at an "explanation " for yesterdays ASM 's clarification Announcement ( and being promptly thrown out of the saddle with responding posts ) ....I had another think about it today , particularly as regards "purchasing /testing synthethic replica material by Ansto , purchased fro third parties " . Words to that effect , but near enough !
    The logical "third party "was to me VTRE ...but no sign of them in the Announcement ...and part of the reason my "suggestion "failed the pub test"in responses .
    So ..a revisit to the 30th April Binding Agreement Announcement with VTRE :
    Edit :
    Australian Strategic Materials (ASX:ASM, the Company) is pleased to advise it has signed a binding agreement
    with Vietnam Rare Earth Company (VTRE) for the purchase of rare earth oxides from Vietnam to be used as
    feedstock at ASM’s Korean Metals Plant (KMP).
    Under the terms of the agreement, VTRE will deliver 100 tonne of product for the remainder of 2023. The
    pricing for the feedstock (in USD) will be determined using a formula-based mechanism referencing published
    market prices for neodymium-praseodymium oxide.

The possibility probability exists ---that the ASM Agreement with VTRE , is for Nd /Pr only , which fall under the LREE ( Light rare earths ) category only ...and Terbium ( Tb ) and Dyprosium ( Dy ) which are HREE ( Heavy Rare earths ) are subject to a separate Agreement , yet to be concluded ( hence Third Party names precluded ) ..and which Ansto product testing had to be undertaken beforehand !

VTRE PRODUCT detail sheet ( from their Website ) attached
    http://vtre.vn/products.html

Whilst reluctant to even raise this again , and first thiught was to just let it "play out " ...I decided that PERHAPS providing another "explanation" that ASM has had to be "constrained " in details , was worth being thrown out of the saddle again !
    AIMHO

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add ASM (ASX) to my watchlist
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.