SPR 2.72% 94.5¢ spartan resources limited

Ann: Suspension from Official Quotation - Annual Listing Fee, page-11

1. 5,430 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 574
    with gold over $2300 ($2250 today) I just dont know the steps for a company to come 'out' of admin; the 'V' of VA is voluntary; can one 'voluntarily' come out of Voluntary Admin

let us say you re a big creditor (say the mining contractor is owed heaps, but actually tool heaps of shares as well); it is in your best interest to waive your owings for a bigger slice of the pie - or even ownership

So my guess will be the biggest creditors see a viable operation now, and they will jockey for position; heck, maybe the company will just be given to them to expunge the debts

The moral thing to do (my opinion) would be to TRADE out of administration. But the creditors need to agree. I think a big creditor(s) will see opportunity to get their money AND ownership of the mine. They really should only be interested in getting their money (that is what a creditor is) - but I can see some hardball being played.

In VA does the administrator have any regard for owners (share holders). I just do not know. If the answer is 'no', then ANY company on the ASX can be put into admin by the directors. It is 'voluntary'. Could the directors of BHP or Telstra or Westpac have a pissy mood one day and say 'we are going into voluntary admin'. Heck, I bet most companies can have books cooked so it looks like suddenly they cannot pay all their debts. They just have to say 'oh, we think we cannot refinance'. Westpac can say 'our opinion is our outstanding bonds cannot be reissued, so we have a cash emergency, so we decide to go into VA'.

As my mind wanders, in the next GFC, maybe that is a great way to transfer ownership of companies to new owners and kick out share holders.

...or maybe all will be OK for GCY owners. But likely not. This is an interesting story, for sure.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SPR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
94.5¢
Change
0.025(2.72%)
Mkt cap ! $1.045B
Open High Low Value Volume
93.0¢ 94.5¢ 91.0¢ $6.182M 6.695M

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 23789 92.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
94.5¢ 79292 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 05/07/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
SPR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.