FAR 3.03% 51.0¢ far limited

Unfortunately they cant carry a spare BOP I would assume with...

1. 283 Posts.
    Unfortunately they cant carry a spare BOP

I would assume with all of the spare parts that we got told about, that there is something going on with the BOP hence they cant drill.
    What i also think is that there are special seals that need to be installed to the BOP so that it can continue to drill through the "Ice Crystals" and malformed structures. The other problem they have is until the head honcho tool pusher agrees that the BOP will hold they wont go any further. So ironically even after they spend all this money it still may not hold.

I do not know if a larger BOP is available, i would imagine if so the rig would still have to go back to port to enable it to be changed over. Can anyone answer this at all?

As the BOP costs about $45 million each its going to be expensive to get a bigger one, and you can imagine how long it might take to get a new one..........

This is why FAR is involved with the costs, it is to do with the well, and i think its definitely to do with increasing the available pressure window of the BOP so they can continue the drill. I think the pressures came up a bit quicker than they were expecting down hole.

I dont think anyone is wrong in their assumptions, i do think that management have a bit more to answer for in respect of how this is playing out - information is the key to shareholder happiness.

http://gcaptain.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/08/BOP-Stack.jpeg

The link above is the BOP off the BP's "DEEPWATER HORIZON" drillship that failed in 2010.

We do not want to see this happen to the FAR drills so i am more than happy to wait n see that they have got it right before we put it into action.

GLTA

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add FAR (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
51.0¢
Change
0.015(3.03%)
Mkt cap ! $47.12M
Open High Low Value Volume
50.0¢ 51.0¢ 50.0¢ $51.68K 102.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 75177 50.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
51.0¢ 187769 3
View Market Depth
Last trade - 15.45pm 30/08/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
FAR (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.