CDG 0.00% 7.0¢ cleveland mining company limited

I wouldn't panic too much Raw. If you look at the ASX rules a...

1. 181 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 1
    I wouldn't panic too much Raw. If you look at the ASX rules a trading halt and a suspension are the same thing only a trading halt is only for 2 days.

“An entity should consider requesting a voluntary suspension:
    -whenever it is necessary to manage its continuous disclosure obligations under Listing Rules 3.1-3.1B and to avoid trading in its securities happening on a basis that is not reasonably informed; and
    -where it anticipates not being able to make an announcement to satisfy those obligations for a longer period than the maximum permitted duration of a trading halt (generally two trading days or, in those exceptional circumstances where ASX agrees to grant back-to-back trading halts, four trading days).
    An entity should also consider requesting a voluntary suspension if it has been in a trading halt pending an announcement and it becomes clear that it will not be in a position to make the anticipated announcement before the end of the trading halt.”

“a voluntary suspension should not be perceived as a less attractive option for managing continuous disclosure obligations than a trading halt. The statement to the market advising of a voluntary suspension will clearly indicate that it has been put in place at the entity’s request and set out the reason for the request.”

If CDG thought that the matter would take more than 4 days then they really have to apply for a suspension rather than a trading halt. That's my understanding anyway - someone can correct me if I'm wrong.

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add CDG (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.