SGH 0.00% 54.5¢ slater & gordon limited

Alex that would be complementary if it wasn't for the...

1. 3,147 Posts.
    Alex that would be complementary if it wasn't for the condescending bit.

You are right I haven't studied Quindell. In some instances I rely on professionals opinion as in this case it is a deal worth closing.

I do have a sense for the industry having worked in the supply side of it. I don't particularly like quoting investing gurus overly but on this occasion I will mention Peter Lynch's importance placed on a feel for an industry above anything else. I have studied SGH including using them as a case study in Applied Finance Studies.

You are right their will be a post mortem whether it is business as usual or not. The best learning any of us can undertake is to take home to reflect on how a project rolled out compared with our expectation. When the dust settles I will go back over course of events to see what I can gleam from how it transpired. I keep a. Otebook ehete I scribble brief notes on each day including how I felt about matters on that day. It provides invaluable insight when look back.

No matter the outcome, I will learn more from a reflective study on this stock than a couple of years at Finance School could provide. It has everything; acquisitions; governance; shorting; rumourtrage; buying too early; not heeding sell signs; integration issues; debt facilities and lender behaviour; emotions; investor behaviour. The perfect case study.
    Last edited by Mightyatom: 27/02/16

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add SGH (ASX) to my watchlist

Currently unlisted public company.

arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.