OIL 12.5% 18.0¢ optiscan imaging limited

Well I saw the news and feel very sorry for you guys. What I...

1. 6,296 Posts.
    lightbulb Created with Sketch. 8
    Well I saw the news and feel very sorry for you guys.

What I think is that this company has leached off investors for years running their own private university off the hard earned dollars of others.

It's been around 15 years since I exited. I'm not even sure if it's 15 it's been so long.
    I exited when I saw management take their eyes off the ball and for me it became too risky.
    How they have managed to survive so long tells something off the excellent technology they wasted.

Do I think this is the end of Optiscan. Not sure but a heart by pass is better then the bandages they have been using for almost 2 decades. So I do not think it's a bad thing for investors, bad as it is. Big problems need big solutions. They will now have to sit down and work something out with their own @sses on the line. I knew if Gus couldn't get them moving then they were a corpse waiting to die. They were dead when he walked out the door. I do not know Gus but I knew people that knew him and he was a live wire. So when he hung up the gloves that was it, under the current operation imo.

Now rather than thinking this is bad. How about what will happen now. Someone may take over the company with a cash injection. There may be a few and likely to be at around 1 cent a share or less. Maybe a million, or two? who knows. What you do know is that it would mean a complete sweep of Optiscan and maybe people that really know how to commercialize product. Failing that they go under and no-one gets anything. At least knowing there is a future or not is what's important so this announcement will be the start of certainty and an investment without some level of certainty is no investment at all.

I know there are some sad stories with LT holders that believed in this company. I feel for those people and hope something can be resurrected from the ashes. Why I write here at all is because Optiscan was one of my first investments and one of my most successful. Sometimes I think I almost feel responsible because someone bought my shares all those years ago and maybe suffered for it. The message is always not to become emotionally involved, never, ever average down and never rely on one stock for your future. The main message however, is always look at management. They can destroy the best technology or opportunity. Without them you have nothing. When they make mistakes attack them. When they don't respond it's time to exit.

In summary, it is still possible this could end up better than a CR and another infusion of the corpse. You might actually now have at least a chance of something. The worst possibility imo is they do get a CR after all. Big problems need bug solutions... Best of luck to all.... sincerely...

watchlist Created with Sketch. Add OIL (ASX) to my watchlist
(20min delay)
Last
18.0¢
Change
0.020(12.5%)
Mkt cap ! $150.3M
Open High Low Value Volume
16.0¢ 18.0¢ 15.5¢ $37.32K 230.5K

Buyers (Bids)

No. Vol. Price($)
1 20000 16.5¢

Sellers (Offers)

Price($) Vol. No.
18.0¢ 18555 2
View Market Depth
Last trade - 16.10pm 11/09/2024 (20 minute delay) ?
OIL (ASX) Chart
arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch. arrow-down-2 Created with Sketch.